Password: Log In:

Notices

Nitro Vehicles Discussion related to Nitro On-Road and Off-Road Vehicles

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2001, 02:13 PM
crash6689

Thunder Tiger pro-15 tuning

What settings should I run my engine at??? I'm running flair fuel (10%nitro 5%synthetic oil 10%castor oil 75%methanol) I want it to run fast!!!

Crash
Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2001, 02:31 PM
SteveP

You should check out the articles section of the website. There is no magical "setting." You just want to tune the engine for best peroformance.
Old 01-27-2001, 02:37 PM
crash6689

The problem is that they all talk about low and high speed needle settings and i only have one setting, mixture.

Crash
Old 01-27-2001, 02:41 PM
SteveP

No, you have both. Look where the linkage attaches to the carburetor. There's a hole in that end of the carb. If you look inside that hole, you'll see the low-speed needle. It can be reached with a small slotted screwdriver.
Old 01-27-2001, 02:44 PM
crash6689

Do u mean,
Unscrew the linkage and then the low speed screw is down the hole?
Cos otherwise im afraid ur wrong mate.

Crash
Old 01-27-2001, 03:32 PM
SteveP

Assuming this is similar to the engine you're running, there IS a low speed mixture adjustment. Your linkage rod is attached to a molded plastic arm. That arm is attached with a nut threaded on to the end of the carb. If you look inside hole in the center of that nut, that's where you'll find the low-speed mixture adjustment. Look close, you'll see it.

Old 01-27-2001, 06:33 PM
ttrcr eb4

Hey stevs P. this has nothing to do with this subject but I have to say that you are real cool and helpfull.I have been on alot of different boards and the admins.usally are on once a month if that.Plus they usally dont help much but you take your time and read these treads and answer thanks alot.You have helped alot.
ttrcr
Old 01-28-2001, 01:00 AM
SteveP

Thanks for noticing!
Old 01-28-2001, 04:44 AM
crash6689

Yep, thanx a lot man. It woz just me bein blind and not seeing it. The problem with it being there is that it isn't really that easy to get to. The manuals i didnt get with the car would probably tell me factory settings. I think I moved that screw by accident when trying to do something up or undo it because my low end performance is crap. It kind of revs a bit (to about half throttle revs) and stays there but doesnt move. Now I know that it used to go just after half throttle revs but I cant even get there. How much and in what direction should I change my low speed needle???

Crash

p.s Thanx again steve
Old 01-28-2001, 10:59 AM
SteveP

Crash - from the closed position, open the low-speed needle 1 turn and the high speed needle about 2.5 to 3 turns. This is a good starting point.
Old 01-28-2001, 02:26 PM
crash6689

Thanx, that helped a lot. I leaned out the high speed by a quarter turn after that and it goes like the dogs danglies.

Thanx

Crash