Password: Log In:

Notices

Electric Vehicles Discussion related to Electric On-Road and Off-Road Vehicles

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 07:02 AM

tt-01e upgrades

Hello, I recently purchased a TT-01E Nissan GT-R(CBA-R35) kit with a Futaba 2 channel MJ radio kit.

I'm asking for your help on a build since I'm having doubts on the people in the store where I buy the parts. Here in the philippines, many people trick you to buy parts that one would actually not need and thus require you to buy newer parts for improvement. Sort of like installment so they could get the most money out of me.

I'm planning to build my tt01e for street racing and track racing. I don't want to drift. I also have the 3600mah 7.2v tamiya battery. Everything else is stock.

I think i'm gonna go with the metal ball bearings and the alloy driveshaft first since these are the basic hop-ups for any RC.

I don't care about the prices since Japan is nearer to the Philippines than the U.S. Prices are cheaper.

I'm asking anyone to recommend a kick ass build for my RC. Also about changing motors, I am still confused with the ESC compatibility. I wanna get the best motor right away and upgrade it to the best ESC for that.

I'm also having problems as to the range of the radio kit. I only get about 10 feet range before the receiver beeps and the car goes haywire cause i think it gets interference from the radio broadcast signals.

I really want a build that can get my car running at about 80 km/h.

Like real cars, I want to set up my car purely under the hood and not the aesthetics since it would look like i'm a ricer, gets?

Please please, I'm sort of new to RCs that's why i'm asking a noob question for a build.

Thanks in advance. I'll be checking this thread everyday. Thanks!!!

BTW, I don't think i'm getting a brushless motor. I wanna stick to tamiya motors. maybe the 540 series.
Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2008, 09:12 AM

Does your motor have teeny little caps on it to reduce radio interference, does your ESC have filter caps?

This could be problematic with your radio. If you want that speed without a brushless you will have to go lipo.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:53 AM

Pick yourself up some basic hop ups from Tamiya, Upper adj. susp. arms, Motor heatsink(MUST!!) some nice aluminum adj oil shocks, speed tuned gear set if they make it for that chassis. Also pick up some pinions for you to adjust gearing. You will need to do that if you want to go to a lower turn motor(faster), also remember the fastest car in a straight line is NOT the faster car on the track, smoothness is the fast way, if you have no track time leave the kit motor in it and practice at the track.
Concerning going faster with brushed motors, sure you can go that way, a 10T motor and some matched packs will give you tons of speed, just remember to maintain your packs(discharge then store with small charge in it, or dead short) cut your motors and new brushes every 3 to 4 runs. LiPo and brushless is the way to go, check EBay they have a brushless set up for 90 bucks, ESC, motor, and programmer, I have two and they are great!
Old 08-16-2008, 11:39 AM

a brushless kit in the Phils is quite expensive since I think they're us brands.
the novak velociti and the novak ESC for that cost 20thousand pesos or about $500. I wanna stay brushed. I'm thinking of lifting builds from the forums but most are for aesthetics. I'm getting the alloy driveshaft and metal ball bearings. Then I would get a maybe low turn motor for speed. I still don't which ESC would be compatible for it. Can you recommend good motors and ESC's? About the shocks and arms, I think I'll get the basic tamiya hop-ups for them. Alloy arms and whatnots.

About the radio interference, I don't have an antenna. Is it sold separately?

Thanks both of you so much for replying. It really helps. haha

Last edited by rainierong; 08-16-2008 at 11:58 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-16-2008, 11:41 AM

Castle Creations Sidewinder 5700

Castle Creations Mamba Max 6900, or the 5700 on that also with your NiMH batteries. Lipos are ideal.

Once you go brushless you never go back.

-Eric
Old 08-17-2008, 12:38 AM

antennae, sold separately, never heard of that. Should have come with one. On the car or the receiver? The car is supposed to have a wire.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:59 AM

Yeah I have a wire, but the metal antenna thingymajig, no. Also, I think there's really something wrong with my receiver. Right now, even if I stick the controller to the Antenna wire, the esc beeps like crazy. I get no response on its movements. I really think something's loose inside the receiver that's making the beeps on the ESC signaling there's no transmitter signal being received. God I should've bought the top of the line radio kit.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:17 AM

Sticking the two antenaes together will usually make the signal glitch.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Certifiable RC Zone Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardude04 View Post
Castle Creations Sidewinder 5700

Castle Creations Mamba Max 6900, or the 5700 on that also with your NiMH batteries. Lipos are ideal.

Once you go brushless you never go back.

-Eric
I use a sidewinder 4600 but thats only because I wanted to use my 3S batteries. Also, the torque is tremendous and very useful for drifting.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:59 AM

The upgrades on my regular TT-01 are as follows:

3racing prop shaft, bevel gear drives, shocks and cf shock tower stiffeners.
Traxxas 4tec wheels
22/55 gearing
CC Sidewinder 4600 running on 3S 4A

It probably does over 70mph flat out, but is highly unstable at those speeds and anything other than smooth concrete will make you lose control very easily.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasan View Post
The upgrades on my regular TT-01 are as follows:

3racing prop shaft, bevel gear drives, shocks and cf shock tower stiffeners.
Traxxas 4tec wheels
22/55 gearing
CC Sidewinder 4600 running on 3S 4A

It probably does over 70mph flat out, but is highly unstable at those speeds and anything other than smooth concrete will make you lose control very easily.
I might be getting the said upgrades except for the CC Sidewinder 4600.
I'm sticking to the tamiya motors and nimh batteries. What do you recommend?
Does the Sport tuned motor work with the stock TEU-101BK ESC my tt01e kit supplied? If it does, is it any good for the 22/55 gearing?
Old 08-20-2008, 10:21 AM

If it's the black motor, then I think it should because I remember seeing that as a drop in upgrade in the nomenclature included with the kit. I'm not sure how well it would do on 22/55, it's a pretty high gearing and heats up even the CC4600 to the point where a cooling fan is needed on the motor for continuous running.