Password: Log In:

Notices

Electric Vehicles Discussion related to Electric On-Road and Off-Road Vehicles

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2001, 06:37 PM
2 DA MAXX

What do u do if ESC gets wet?????

I got my novak Elektra very wet now it doesn't work right, what do I do??? If I wait for it to dry out will it be ok??? HELP
Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2001, 07:24 PM
SteveP

There's a good chance you've burned out the speed control. Water and ESCs just don't mix. I've had this happen before, and the only way to save the speed control is to shut it off immediately the moment it gets wet and let it dry COMPLETELY. If you've already turned it on and figured out it doesn't work, chances are the damage is already done. You best bet is to send the speed control to Novak for service.
Old 02-11-2001, 09:57 PM
2 DA MAXX

I was lucky it is now dry and working properly. I turned it on multiple times before it was dry but I dried it out with a hair drier now it is working just fine. I had to re-set it but that is easy. thanx
Old 02-12-2001, 02:36 AM
prime

Boy you are luck!

Back in the day (when Novak and Tekin were just bringing mosfet proportional speed controls to market) ya woulda been screwed. Not only that, but it took 45 days to get your burned up speed control fixed (along with a 65.00 fee). These days they have better components and reverse voltage protection that probably saved you some time and money.
Old 02-24-2001, 08:22 PM
TRAXXAS

Yo 2 DA MAXX,
You are so lucky that your ESC dried in a little while...otherwise we couldn't go racing together on Thursday or Saturdays...then you would have had to buy a new one.