Password: Log In:

Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2003, 08:41 PM

Thumbs up GWS Slow Stick

The GWS Slow Stick is the best trainer I have. It was fun to build/put together. It is extremely fun to fly. You can do flips with it. If you crash it no sweat. Just take your radio equipment and electronics and buy another one for about $35.00. Overall this is the best plane I have ever had. The Firebird is my next favorite. You can get foam floats for it at www.Foamfloats.com
Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2003, 08:49 PM

Another Great Trainer

I am learning to fly with a WattAge Mini Max. It is very forgiving of pilot error and of Crashes. It has a 280 motor and 5.86 gear drive which can be used in any number of other planes as well.

The plane sells for $29 and right now one dealer is selling thim for $19-- Yeh $19

Jpe R
Old 11-03-2003, 11:14 AM

mini max

I have the Slow Stick as well, and have to say it is a very fun plane. I flew mine into a tree last night, and only got a broken vertical stab. My only beef is with the flimsy props and the delicate gear drive. I have had good results with APC 9x6 props with stock drive and 600Mah Nicads.

I just strapped on a Wattage 380 power drive system, and hope to test it tonight.

Was thinking of getting a Mini Max next. Anyone have input on it? How does it compare with the Slow Stick?
Old 11-03-2003, 01:41 PM

if you are getting pretty proficient with the slow stick then you will find the mini max does not do much for you. It will be a bit lighter, but will fly about the same. I think that the slow stick can handle a bit more wind. If you meant to ask about the Crazy Max, then that is different. Crazy Max is a real pleasure to fly. It is a really easy aileron trainer and will fly at pretty slow speeds to allow you to react to the differences between rudder and aileron flying.

2 1/2 mistakes high is a good rule of thumb,
Dan
Old 12-06-2003, 06:29 AM

Smile

Thanks you nice comments to GWS SS.

After you getting skill with SS. The next step would be great to fly GWS E-Starter! It is a best aileron trainer among what you can choice!