Password: Log In:
Radio Control Zone » RC Car Action: Forums » General Vehicle Forums » Electric Vehicles » Will the Bolink Porsche 962 body fit a XXX-S?

Notices

Electric Vehicles Discussion related to Electric On-Road and Off-Road Vehicles

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2003, 11:38 PM

Will the Bolink Porsche 962 body fit a XXX-S?

There seems to be a lack of cool looking 1/10 bodies (unless you like NASCAR stock cars). I want to buy the Bolink Porsche 962 but am not sure if it will fit my XXX-S? Has anyone tried it?

Also, why aren't there more Ferrari's, Porsche's, etc.? You would think they would make more supercars and race cars instead of American made 4 door sedans. I don't get it.
Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2003, 02:48 PM

it probably would fit, with some modifications.
to answer your second question, there are alot of porsche and ferrari bodies offered in 1:10 scale, maybe you just havent looked hard enough, hpi makes 4 different porsche 911 bodies alone, pro line has like 5 ferarris, and tamiya has so many, i couldnt even fit them all in my room!
Old 01-05-2003, 10:07 PM

I've heard that the Tamiya bodies will only fit the Tamiya cars they were made for. Is this true? For example, I don't think the Raybrig NSX body will fit my XXX-S.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:24 PM

this is true for some bodies, mostly older ones, but most new tamiya bodies are standard 190mm width and 257mm wheelbase.
incase you were wondering, the all 3 raybrig nsx bodies will fit the xxx-s, but they might require new body post holes.
Old 01-06-2003, 01:07 AM
Certifiable RC Zone Addict

The Bolink 962 Porsche body was built for pan cars. It may be wide enough to fit on the XXXS but the slope of the nose is not likely to clear the front suspension. If you want to run GTP/GT1 style bodies I'd suggest getting a pan car. For TCs it's mostly sedan style bodies. There are a few GT1 bodies that fit but not many. The only ones I can think of off hand is the older style Porsche 911 GT1 body made by Yokomo and the Lola style body made for nitro TCs also made by Yokomo.

There are some Tamiya bodies that without modification will not fit on other TCs. These are the ones that have different widths from front to back. Like the Advan Porsche 911 which uses a wide off-set wheel in the rear to make the rear wider then the front. However you can use a wide offset rim and tire on a regular TC to make it fit.
Old 01-06-2003, 03:01 PM

Other than Tower Hobbies, who carries the largest selection of bodies? Also, is there a place other than Ebay where you can buy old bodies. I really like some of the older Porsche's, Ferrari's, etc.
Old 01-06-2003, 04:36 PM
Certifiable RC Zone Addict

There really is no good on-line place to buy bodies. The best thing to do is to visit the manufacturer sites and write down the part number for the bodies you like and have your LHS order them for you. Older out of production bodies are very hard to come by. These being a disposable part on the car tend to not last very long. Also older style bodies are even less likely to fit on a TC as they were usually made to fit street converted buggies or pan cars.