|Hot News and New Stuff Forum Cars, Trucks, Boats Where other RC websites and RC media get their news
11-21-2012, 09:30 AM
Online News Editor
Join Date: 05-02-2008
Thanked 38 Times in 36 Posts
Tekno RC SCT410
Latest from Tekno RC:
Tekno RC is proud to announce the newest addition to our stable of innovative RC vehicles - The SCT410 1/10th 4x4 Short Course Truck. The SCT410 shares many parts with the groundbreaking EB48 1/8th Electric Buggy, so you know it will be able to carve up the track and take a beating.
There are many new parts on the SCT to keep weight to a minimum, including new narrower arms, lighter steering blocks, spindle carriers, rear hubs, and an all new lilghtweight drivetrain. Add some sturdy adjustable body mounts and a front/rear bumper system and you have the SCT that everyone has been waiting for - true 1/8th scale roots with 1/10th scale weight and agility.
Standard 12mm hex wheels will bolt right on (SCTE offset) and existing 7.4v SCT power systems will have no trouble pushing the SCT410 around the track. The SCT410 will be sold in race kit form and should be available in January 2013. Expected street price is $399.99.
- 4mm CNC 7075 aluminum black anodized chassis.
- Super narrow layout - widest point is only 125mm (less than 5”) mudguard-to-mudguard.
- Class leading front and rear clearance (short chassis overhang) provides better bump handling and jump landing.
- Adjustable, lightweight body mounting system fits most popular SC bodies (Losi, AE, etc.).
- Lightweight, extremely durable front and rear bumper system.
- Integrated battery tray/mud guard, battery is sunken into chassis for a super low COG.
- Integrated electronics tray/mud guard for easy removal of electronics.
- Spacious, enclosed, easy access radio box with integrated transponder mount.
- Adjustable chassis brace system for fine tuning flex with front, center, and rear braces.
- 2-piece CNC aluminum motor mount with precision dual clamping gear mesh adjustment.
- Lightweight direct-to-diff mount design.
- Uses standard MOD 1 pinion.
Differentials and Drivetrain:
- 3 fluid filled adjustable super lightweight diffs.
- Newly redesigned precision diff gears with innovative cross-pin design for increased durability.
- Less rotating mass = better acceleration.
- Straight center driveline for maximum efficiency and reduced wear.
- CV driveshafts with captured pins on all 4 wheels.
- Standard 12mm hexes fits most popular SC wheels (SCTE offset).
- 16mm bore hard anodized shocks - Biggest-in-class!
- 4mm 7075 aluminum shock towers are standard.
- Innovative conical piston design (not just tapered) provides varied compression and rebound rates.
- Fully adjustable long travel suspension geometry maximizes stability and traction while providing superior cornering and on-power steering.
- CNC aluminum threaded shock bodies.
- 4mm hardened steel polished shafts.
- Triple guide design for true consistent shaft action.
- Options for vented cap, emulsion, or standard shock configurations out of the box.
- Optional springs and sway bars available.
Suspension and Steering:
- Bulletproof suspension arms - thicker and stronger than the competition.
- Adjustable length rear arms to suit any track condition.
- Adjustable front arm sweep and angle to make the car more aggressive (swept forward), or easier to drive (swept back).
- Front and rear arms can be used on either side = less parts in your toolbox.
- ‘Narrow pivot’ steering posts provide ‘0 bump’ geometry with almost 0 steering slop.
- Adjustable hinge pin braces are standard (toe, anti-squat, kick-up, front arm sweep).
- 4mm inner, 3.5mm outer hinge pins, polished for smooth action.
- Adjustable Ackerman and bump-steer (bump in, 0 bump, bump out).
- Steering system is fully supported on precision ball bearings. No bushings here.
- LCG rod ends and lightweight turnbuckles.
- Front/rear sway bars are the same length = less parts in your toolbox.
- Exceptional wear characteristics. Leave the slop and warping to the other guys.
- Easily adjust anti-squat, rear toe, front arm angle, front arm sweep, roll center, toe, camber, wheelbase, rear arm length, Ackerman, bump steer, suspension geometry out of the box.
- Extremely easy to work on with minimal screw count.
- Shares many parts with your EB48 1/8th Electric Buggy = less parts in your toolbox.
- All metric hex hardware.
- 100% Tekno RC Designed and Tested in Southern California.
Weight: ~3000g (6.6lb) out of the box RTR
Weigth: ~2590g (5.7lb) with optional parts and equipment
(RTR weight equipped w/ Tekin RX8, Pro4 motor, 300g battery, rx, etc)
Diff Ratio: F/R – 10/40t, Center – 44t
Battery tray dimensions: 50x148mm
Needed to complete:
- 2 channel radio/transmitter
- ESC and Pro4 SCT motor
- High torque steering servo
- 2s LiPo battery
- SC tires, wheels (SCTE offset) & CA glue
- SC body of your choice, paint for body
- Hex tools (1.5, 2.0, 2.5mm), nut drivers (5.0, 5.5, 7.0mm), pliers, other tools
Expected release date: January 2013.
Expected street price: $399.99.
Trevor “Chilly” Duncan
Online News Editor
Radio Control Car Action
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
»Upcoming Races & Events
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.