Latest from Avid:
AV1807 RC8.2 Hard Anodized Aluminum Shock Towers have arrived for the die-hard AE drivers. These towers provide you with the all the trick modifications that the pros are using and that guy that beat you last weekend. No more having to drill out inserts to get that camber link mod* and no more drilling your rear shock tower to get that ever popular 0 hole! The AVID towers were designed with these features included so you can get straight to pimping your ride. We have also removed the outer shock mount hole on the towers because quite frankly we never came across a track that it was beneficial on and by removing them makes the towers more compact. In doing so, we have added a new inside hole for all you testers out there to find some new setups and slightly optimized the rear hole positions by shifting them .
These parts fit every RC8 version ever made however it is recommended to only use the front tower in conjunction with the new AE vertical spindle system. The stock molded caster blocks do not offer the support for the camber link mod.
*Camber Link Mod will require you to supply your own rod ends.
- CNC machined 7075 hard-anodized aluminum with the appealing chamfered edge look.
- Designed for use with a front camber link modification (suggest using with the AE Vertical Spindle Set).
- Fine tuning of the rear roll center by offering a tighter set of camber link positions, including the popular 0 hole modification.
- Clearance for the larger HB/GHEA shock caps and Kyosho shocks.
- Shock tower set weights 47.9g (Stock aluminum towers weight 54.6g, Carbon 40.6g)
AV1807-F RC8.2 Hard-Anodized Shock Tower | FRONT RC8.2, RC8.2e $30.00
AV1807-R RC8.2 Hard-Anodized Shock Tower | REAR RC8.2, RC8.2e $30.00
AV1807-SET RC8.2 Hard-Anodized Shock Tower | SET RC8.2, RC8.2e $55.00