Latest from Avid:
RC8.2 Aluminum Rear Hub
The new AVID aluminum rear hub will be a must-have for racers running the popular Associated RC8.2 buggy. AVID designers incorporated adjustments that are not available on any other RC8.2 rear hub. First, the hubs feature 3.5mm thick carbon fiber mounting towers which can be flipped to have a total of 8 possible upper link locations for fine-tuning. Secondly, the rear hinge pin pivots on machined delrin inserts which can be flipped or changed to get 1 of 4 possible axle height locations in 1mm increments. The hubs are made of 7075 aluminum and then machined with the signature machined highlight.
- 7075 Aluminum Rear Hub
- 3.5mm Carbon Fiber Composite Hub Towers: Special “tall” hub towers offer 2 holes raised 1mm and 4mm above the kit positions to give racers new tuning options without re-drilling their kit towers. In addition, the hub towers are marked with an arrow and can be flipped to give an additional 4 upper link locations which are 2.8mm offset from the stock C and B holes that are offered.
- Machined Delrin Hub Inserts (standard and mid) which allow adjustment of the outer pin height in 1mm increments. The hub inserts also act as a low friction wear surface rather than wearing on the aluminum hub itself.
- Each set includes 2 x aluminum hubs, 4 x hub towers, 4 standard hub inserts, 4 mid hub inserts (not in photo), mounting hardware , and 1 AVID mini decal sheet.
AV1801-SET - RC8.2 Aluminum Rear Hub (Set) - $60.00 - Available now
AV1801-1 - RC8.2 Replacement Rear Hub (1) - $22.00 - Coming Soon
AV1801-T - RC8.2 Rear Hub Tower (4) - $22.00 - Coming Soon
AV1801-STD - RC8.2 Rear Hub Insert, Standard (4) - $8.00 - Coming Soon
AV1801-MID - RC8.2 Rear Hub Insert, Mid - (4) - $8.00 - Coming Soon
Product page link:
RC8.2 Rear Chassis Brace Support
The AV1803 AVID RC8.2 Rear Chassis Brace Support is made from 2.0mm thick carbon fiber composite.
- Braces upper mount hole from tearing along with preventing the brace from splitting during a crash.
- Requires modification of existing plastic part and 3/32” (2.3mm) drill bit.
- M2.5 x 6 mm BH screw and nuts are included.
- Each package includes 1 carbon fiber chassis brace support, 2 x M2.5 button head screws and nuts, and 1 AVID mini decal sheet.
Note: Installation of this part requires minor modification of #89258 rear brace. Tools and instructions not supplied (3/32” drill bit, rotary tool).
AV1803 - RC8.2 Rear Chassis Brace Support - Fits all RC8.2 and RC8B buggies - $14.00 - Available now
Product page contains photos detailing part assembly: