Password: Log In:
Radio Control Zone » RC Car Action: Forums » RC Car Action » Hot News and New Stuff Forum Cars, Trucks, Boats » IMPBA Straightline World Record Speed Time Trials:Bill Oxidean Breaks 4 World Records

Notices

Hot News and New Stuff Forum Cars, Trucks, Boats Up-to-the minute news on the latest kits, RTRs, parts, accessories and more. Be sure to subscribe!

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Online News Editor

IMPBA Straightline World Record Speed Time Trials:Bill Oxidean Breaks 4 World Records

Latest race news from Venom Atomik RC, and Novak:

The IMPBA Straightline World Record Speed Time Trials event was held in Elizabeth City, North Carolina Wednesday May 25, 2012.

Using his Venom 3800 60c 2s batteries and Novak Havok Pro-SC ESC, Bill propelled his world class hydroplane to a whopping speed of 63mph on a 13.5 motor! The previous record was 49mph. Then with the same boat and electronics, Bill dropped a 17.5 in and cracked the 54mph mark!

Next our star boat driver dropped a set of 4500 50c 2s2p ROAR legal saddle packs and Havoc oval spec motor into his micro catamaran and thrusted it through the traps at 40mph with his 13.5 motor. Then he turned around with the same boat and electronics and did it again with a 17.5 getting the stock score up to 37mph!

Bill had this to say about his record breaking performances, "Novak's X-Drive is the greatest thing to hit the rc market since the introduction of brushless motors. My stock motors no longer feel "stock", the increase in torque, rpm, and cooler temps allowed me to shatter my own record by 14mph having changed nothing more than the motor and speedo!! And with these batteries, I just keep winning and winning!! If you want record breaking speed, chose Venom batteries, the proof is in the pudding."
trevord@airage.com
rccanews@airage.com
http://www.rccaraction.com
Sponsored Links