Latest from www.duratrax.com

For immediate release:

**NEW** DuraTrax Firehammer MT 1/5 Scale RTR Gas Monster Truck

“Gas-N-Go”
Fully equipped and ready to run
No building!
No special engine “break-in”!
No special accessories needed!

The Firehammer MT is definitely the monster truck for those who want to stand out! At over 2 feet long and 20” wide, it overpowers almost any terrain or obstacle. But perhaps the Firehammer MT’s biggest appeal is how easy it is to get started. There’s absolutely no building to do; just fill the tank with regular unleaded gas mixed with 2-cycle oil, and you’re good to go!

Specifications:
• Length: 27 in (686 mm) • Width: 20.875 in (530 mm) • Height: 12.5 in (317.5 mm) • Weight: 21.75 lb (9.86 kg) • Includes: 2-channel FM radio w/Failsafe, (2) metal gear servos (including a 1/4 scale steering servo), 23cc gasoline engine, battery, AC wall charger • Requires: regular unleaded gasoline, 2-cycle oil, “AA” batteries

The 2-stroke DTX 23cc gasoline engine is as easy as it is powerful!
• Uses economical regular unleaded gasoline and 2-cycle oil.
• Starts easily with the included recoil starter.
• Requires no special equipment (such as glow plugs, igniter or starter box).
• Features a push-button kill switch for added safety.
• Delivers run times of over 1/2 hour on a single tank of gas!

A DuraTrax FM radio and all components are already installed!
• FM signal clarity means superior range and reception.
• Comes with two high-torque, metal gear servos, including a heavy-duty 1/4 scale steering servo.
• Built-in Failsafe unit returns the engine to idle in the event of low battery power or signal loss.
• Also supplied: a 5-cell receiver battery and AC wall charger.

From the 4mm thick aluminum chassis, steel turnbuckles and metal gears to the aluminum shocks, hardened drive shafts and protective roll cage, the Firehammer MT is built to dish out punishment and take it, too!

The prepainted body comes in six different colors on six different frequencies — you just apply the decals!

DTXD98** Firehammer MT 1/5 Scale 2WD Gas Monster $929.99
DTXD9862 Firehammer MT Green
DTXD9864 Firehammer MT Blue
DTXD9868 Firehammer MT Red
DTXD9870 Firehammer MT Orange
DTXD9872 Firehammer MT Black
DTXD9874 Firehammer MT Purple

Matt Stepanian
10-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Now there's something I could add to my Christmas list!, Well, that AND peace on Earth...

redbarton
10-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Hmm? Looks like an XTM Grizzly?

http://www.globalhobby.com/public/xtm/gallery/146301.asp

Kuldeep
10-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Yea it does lol, and I HATE THAT ITS NOT 4WD.

Sorry but i hate large scale cars that arnt 4WD, it seems so ewww lol.

(sorry to bring back old thread)

Figit090
10-03-2006, 11:52 PM
I dont like it.

I agree that 2wd is a major turnoff...but it looks as if they just bought a design from someone else...which means...it's nothing new.

ho-hum. :rolleyes:

ministerOFfire
10-04-2006, 01:19 AM
Not into it at all. 2WD?!?

fgracer
10-04-2006, 08:32 AM
IF you want the same truck, just get the smartech for $799 almost anywhere. All Duratrax did is put their own decals and body on it.

that_one_guy
10-04-2006, 01:11 PM
cheeply designed product with size as the way to jack up the price for max profit, anything over 500 clams seems way to much for that crap

Prelude14WRX
10-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Duratrax is getting good at putting their name on stuff :rolleyes:

redbarton
10-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Why would anybody get this when you can get a great vehicle like the HPI Baja 5B for not much more?

Kuldeep
10-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Yes the Baja 5B, is a great car, its good as offroad driving but still its RWD.

I just cant take that. It burns inside me that its not 4WD. I swear, if it were 4WD at that scale, it would be the most amayzing rc ever made.

TitansGT4
10-04-2006, 08:18 PM
those things are so big and so powerful that they really don't need 4wd, most quads aren't 4wd and believe me...those things will go through just about anything

Figit090
10-04-2006, 08:48 PM
---EDIT---- i re-worded a lot. so if you read it already you might read it again if you're replying. :)

titansGT4- you have a very valid point but the thing is...with SO many 4wd trucks, the idea of one that is 2wd seems...well....lame. it's just not what people want. and one thing i dont like is the smallish looking ground clearance. one thing i hate most about monsters is a truck that looks big but when you glance at how low the chassis is (the ACTUAL TRUCK) it's kinda silly.

it's like a big 1:1 IFS truck with and giving it a huge body lift and big tires. It makes it look all big and tough until you try and offroad it...in which case the lift does nothing to help....
and it looks stupid from the side.

Sand rails (what the HPI reminds me of) look awsome, perform well, and would look kinda odd with 4wd... plus like you said, they dont really need it. I dont know this from experiance but i've ridden quads and It's just obvious that 2wd on such a big chassis and larger mass... works.

but since the RC market is flooded with 4wd trucks and buggies...you instantly get the thought; "this would be so much better IF it had 4wd...and since it doesnt...it's kinda lame" and "why couldnt this be 4wd...my (insert 4wd rc name here) has 4wd?"

And I still think it would be much cooler with 4wd.

take a look at NEW ERA. that's true big-scale monster truckin right there. large scale 4-link setups with working 4wd heavy-duty drivetrains and a reversible tranny. what more could you want? 4ws? they have that too....:roll2: RCCA did an article on one... and the driver hooked it up to a red flyer and towed himself along behind.... so it's got grunt too. :D

duratrax should ditch that silly truck body, ditch the fugly bumper, and reduce the front tire size so it looks like what it actually is... a buggy. the inner rollcage (if that is what i see in the XTM bird's-eye view) looks somewhat like it could pass as a buggy design. surly it could with minimal modification. but then again...that would mean putting effort into a new design.:rolleyes::p

IMO such a cheap shot at more money lowers their reputation in my eyes. personally, i would never take another company's truck, brand it, and call it something new. thats just dumb, and it doesnt help the advancement of RC design and innovation at ALL. the HPI buggy does (sorta), the T-Maxx did, the Revo did, and many other rc's that i'm not going to continue naming. i hope duratrax doesnt go the way of smartech... i've never seen their reputation as a very high one, but this doesnt help.... thats just my .02:teacher:

TitansGT4
10-04-2006, 08:53 PM
titansGT4- you have a very valid point but the thing is...with SO many 4wd trucks, the idea of one that is 2wd seems...well....lame. it's just not what people want. and one thing i dont like is the smallish looking ground clearance. one thing i hate most about monsters is a truck that looks big but when you glance at how low the chassis is (the ACTUAL TRUCK) it's kinda silly.

it's like a big 1:1 IFS truck with and giving it a huge body lift and big tires. It makes it look all big and tough until you try and offroad it...in which case the lift does nothing to help....
and it looks stupid from the side.

Sand rails (what the HPI reminds me of) look awsome, perform well, and would look kinda odd with 4wd... plus like you said, they dont really need it. I dont know this from experiance but i've ridden quads and It's just obvious that 2wd on such a big chassis works.

but then when you think of the smaller rc's and how they HAVE 4wd you instantly get the thought; "this would be so much better IF it had 4wd...and since it doesnt...it's kinda lame"

which i still believe.

take a look at NEW ERA. that's true big-scale monster truckin right there. large scale 4-link setups with working 4wd heavy-duty drivetrains and a reversible tranny. what more could you want? 4ws? they have that too....:roll2:

duratrax should ditch that silly truck body, ditch the fugly bumper, and reduce the front tire size so it looks like what it actually is... a buggy.

IMO such a cheap shot at more money lowers their rep. in my eyes. personally, i would never take another company's truck, brand it, and call it something new. thats just dumb and it doesnt help the advancement of RC design and innovation at ALL. the HPI buggy does (sorta), the T-Maxx did, the Revo did, and many other rc's i didnt name. i hope duratrax doesnt go the way of smartech... i've never seen their reputation as a very high one but this doesnt help.... thats just my .02:teacher:

yeah I understand your point, 2WD would suffice for my purposes, but if my 1:1 Pathfinder were 2WD it would be useless in the snow and offroad so i see your point

Figit090
10-04-2006, 09:01 PM
yeah I understand your point, 2WD would suffice for my purposes, but if my 1:1 Pathfinder were 2WD it would be useless in the snow and offroad so i see your point

YES! i'm glad you saw it without debate. thanks. :D i'm sure the truck would be a blast...i just wouldnt pay...whatever they want...for it! lol.:p:o

try to run it up a gravel or dirt mound....try to run it through some deep mud....try to climb it up a curb.....yeah.... it wouldn't happen. it's physics....4wd utilizes those front wheels for a reason.

I'd LOVE to see these things in a race though...even with jumps. that would rock...hehe.

Swampth1ng
11-28-2006, 06:23 PM
YES! i'm glad you saw it without debate. thanks. :D i'm sure the truck would be a blast...i just wouldnt pay...whatever they want...for it! lol.:p:o

try to run it up a gravel or dirt mound....try to run it through some deep mud....try to climb it up a curb.....yeah.... it wouldn't happen. it's physics....4wd utilizes those front wheels for a reason.

I'd LOVE to see these things in a race though...even with jumps. that would rock...hehe.

These trucks make Savage's and T-maxx's look like kid's toys. I was bored looking for T-MAXX and Savage videos and found a firehammer mt video, this is the only one I can find. These ones here sound like their modified and go like hell. I cant find any hop ups for them either..

youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dMaUEJ5x9Q about 35secs in.

fgracer
11-29-2006, 10:48 AM
That is not a Duratrax, that is an FG monster truck you can see them here:

http://www.rcnutshobbies.com/cart.cgi?group=32598&child=32790

NitroCrackers
11-29-2006, 01:55 PM
http://www.duratrax.com/cars/dtxd98-firehammer/dtxd98-index.html

its right there

fgracer
11-29-2006, 02:08 PM
I was referring to the video from swampthing. sorry for the confusion

Swampth1ng
12-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Yea your right it is a FG, those things are wild..

I

NitroCrackers
12-07-2006, 04:48 PM
my fault, I didnt read the entire thread :o